Friday, June 28, 2013

Monthly Finished and Favourites - June

4 years ago, hail occurred in Singapore. 4 years later, on the 25 June, hail hit Singapore as well. I have always know Singapore to be one of the safest country from natural disasters because we are located near the equator - well, that's what we were taught in Geography, weren't we?

Anyhow, the crazy weather changes are one of the concerns of mine, are we overworking Mother Earth? Let's do our part and save Mother Earth, Gaia. Well, here are some ways I feel I have been helping to cut down on wastage of natural resources:
  1. Recycling of waste papers
  2. Reduced usage of plastic bags - if I don't need a carrier, I would return it back to the assistant
  3. Waste less food by ensuring I do not over-prepare food or over-order food 
What more can you do for Mother Earth? Let me know down below in the comments section =D

So last month's finished and favourites weren't shared, did you even miss that column? Hehe, anyhow I am back with my monthly finished and favourites for this month. Well, I wasn't able to select all 5 favourites but I really liked some cosmetic items this month!

The Finished
That's a crazy amount of finished products, because I wanted to clear out some of those small sized items which I purchased (Sebamed) or which I have received as samples from beauty boxes. 


NUXE 24HR MOISTURISING BODY LOTION
Not everyone is going to like the scent of Nuxe's items, they have a unique scent which has abit of musky scent. I really like how it managed to keep my skin soft and moisturised till the next morning, before I shower and reapply. Well for its claim about 24 hours moisturisation, I am unable to vouch for it, but my skin feels soft and smooth after consistent usage.

Overall: 4/5 - good moisturiser, but not a price that I would want to invest in monthly (yeah, I use moisturiser daily, and it finishes really quickly!)


SEBAMED REPAIR SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
This was part of a trial set that I purchased from our local Watsons, and it came with their body & face wash (which I loveee), and body lotion as well. I was pretty satisfied with all products except for these 2, as they didn't seem to work that well for me. These products are alkali-free and are great for those with sensitive skin, however they don't seem to lather up well and leaves my hair a little rough as well.

Overall: 0/5 - alkali free, but I don't recommend this at all


AMETHYSTORY MINERAL AQUA GEL
I received this trial sized sample from one of the beauty boxes, and it seems very similar to the Cure Aqua Gel which I used previously. Simply apply the gel with gentle circular motion on dry skin, to exfoliate the top layer of your skin. It leaves my skin very soft and smooth, especially those bumps and unevenness from blackheads, would have disappeared. Not all blackheads on the nose would be remove though, but this is a great and affordable product!

Overall: 5/5 - recommended, an affordable exfoliant for smooth and soft skin!


CUREL MOISTURE HAND CREAM
Curel carries a range of fragrance free products which are for people with sensitive skin. This is not the best hand cream but it is not the worst as well. Applying this on my hand was a little greasy, however the hand does not feel very moisturised after a few hours, I have to keep re-applying...

Overall: 2/5

SKINFOOD WATERY BERRY TONER
A very light weight toner with a mild scent of berry, I really like how it doesn't leave any residue on my skin. My face feels moisturised after usage, unlike other toners which might make your skin feel tight. 

Overall: 4/5

SKINFOOD OMIJA WHITENING EMULSION
This moisturiser has a stronger scent, and can act as a rich moisturiser or light weight moisturiser depending on how much you apply. If you apply too much of this emulsion, it can be a little greasy. This has a pricey tag, thus I would not repurchase as I believe I can get a better moisturiser at that price.

Overall: 3/5


LANEIGE BALANCING EMULSION LIGHT
All Laneige's products carries their signature scent, which is a light and refreshing scent. I really like the scent and how it leaves my skin moisturised. This leaves my skin moisturised and smooth, without feeling greasy. Apart from the price tag, I feel this product has done its part of being a light weight moisturiser, I might consider purchasing.. I am not sure. Convince me more.

Overall: 4/5


LANEIGE SUN BLOCK AQUA SPF 35 PA++
With a beautiful dewy finish like how Korean stars always have that sheen on their face, this sun block is one of my favourite sunscreen of all time. It carries the signature scent of Laneige and has a texture that is gel-like. This sunscreen is very moisturising and it doubles off as my moisturiser, and I am especially thankful when I have dry skin sometimes. I might repurchase this once I finish the rest of my sunscreens from various brands, and perhaps opt for another one with a higher SPF ^^ Just a caution though, the dewy finish might put off some people, as it might appear too greasy if you used too much. Check out my past review here~

Overall: 5/5

BIO-ESSENCE TANAKA WHITE SKIN WHITE PERFECTING LOTION SPF 15
My favourite sunscreen of all time. Sadly, Bio-essence have reformulated this as a day cream with SPF 20, even the colour and texture seemed slightly different. So I might not be able to repurchase this =( 

Anyhow, you may read my other review on this product on how much I love it ^^ In general, this gives me a radiant finish on my skin, and helps to also conceal some of my uneven skin tone from dark eye circles and acne. Wonderful product.

Overall: 4.5/5


MENTHOLATUM ACNES POWDER LOTION
I have gone through a few bottles of this, and I must say this does a pretty decent job in keeping my skin matte for a few hours. Just like other products that help to keep your skin matte, they are only able to block the sebum until the product is unable to absorb them. Great option for teens with acne problem as it is an affordable and good quality product. But if you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend this as it would dry out your skin further.

Overall: 5/5 

ICM PHARMA ACNE CLEAR PIMPLE TREATMENT
This is my 2nd bottle of Acne Clear that I have gone through, and I am already on my 3rd bottle. Although my skin has been pretty much similar to the last photo in my thorough review here, I am confident to say that I have been able to go out often without makeup (I used to use makeup to cover up acne a lot). Please read my detailed review to see the active ingredients etc. This is definitely an affordable option which works for many (even Shu Ann from ClickNetworkTv Tried & Tested recommended this, however in the tube form).

Overall: 5/5


CLEAN & CLEAR ESSENTIALS OIL CONTROL TONER
One of the most affordable options for teens, this toner cost me around SGD 2-3. This can be a little drying if you have dry skin, it might be due to the alcohol content in this. Decent toner, but I decided not to go back to get this because it can be too drying for my skin, which often swings from dry to oily =(

Overall: 4/5


THEBODYSHOP STRAWBERRY BODY POLISH
When I received this, it really reminded me of strawberry puree, with strawberry seeds as their scrub beads. I enjoy the scent of this, however I do prefer a thicker concentration of exfoliating beads. 

Overall: 3/5

The Favourites


MICABEAUTY LIP COLOUR POT - VIBRANT BERRY
Although I did mention in my thorough review that I found this not to be long lasting and slightly sticky, I really enjoyed using this because of the shade. A beautiful berry shade, that is great for gradient lip or full lips. Check out my full review on MicaBeauty products here with swatches as well ^^ And if you are interested to find out more about MicaBeauty, check out my visit to their studio here.

Overall: 4/5


MAJORLICA MAJORCA JEWELING EYES PK722
Check out this beautiful quad from Majorlica Majorca, it has very light and natural shades which are easy to blend and pigmented. I love using the lighter shades as highlight shades, and the brown shades are great for creating depth for the eyes as well. Beautiful shimmery shades which do not have large glittery particles. My go-to-palette lately when I just want a little eye shadow.

Overall: 5/5


MOX BOTANICALS LIP BUTTER - COCONUT ALMONDINE
This small pot is pretty expensive, at SGD19, which I am thankful to have receive it from one of my beauty boxes. Although it is a very small pot, a little bit goes a long way. At night I love to apply a thicker layer so that it can deeply moisturise those dry lips of mine. Decent moisturiser for your lips but I believe there could be better and cheaper alternatives such as Nivea & Vaseline. I use this over my lip tints as well.

Overall: 3.5/5

We have come to the end of my Finished & Favourites. Did you know I had to retype this entire post with Blogger did not save it for me =( Aww... Anyhow it is finally out! 

Don't forget to Share Your Blog with me and my readers, I will personally read it and share some captions of your blog as well ^^ Simply fill up the form on the right hand side of the blog and be patient, your blog will definitely be out. The first post is coming up real soon after I post this! :D

a

    No comments:

    Post a Comment