Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DIY: Green Tea Exfoliating Mask

Today I have yet another DIY mask to share with you guys or girls. I do this whenever I feel I need some pampering. Because this does get a bit messy, so doing it weekly is a no-no for me.

I learned this on Bubzbeauty's Youtube channel, and I decided to try it out for myself. Scroll down to see her Youtube video if you wish to see how she does it "live"~

Drinking green tea is great for detoxing and boosting the anti oxidants in your body. But did you know, this can be great for your skin too? I also learned from Michelle Phan that you can use Green Tea to create toners too!
Find out more about the benefits of consuming Green Tea here
Green Tea is known to help to soothe and calm irritated skin, and thus helps in the combat of acne issues. Furthermore, it is great for anti-ageing as it contains anti-oxidants - thus saying goodbye to fine lines and wrinkles!

What you'll need:

  • Manuka honey or regular honey is fine - this is for moisturising and killing of bacteria
  • Green tea bag
Let's start!

First, make yourself a cup of hot green tea and let the tea bag soak for a few minutes. Then remove from the cup, and squeeze it to release the excess water.

Cut open the tea bag, and pour the green tea into a mixing bowl. I am using my regular DIY face mask mixing bowl I bought from Sasa last year. 
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment