Here are a few tips how to use lemons other than for cooking:
- Sooth sunburn by using cotton balls and gently applying diluted lemon juice to the skin. The juice acts as an astringent and relieves the skin.
- Clean and exfoliate your face by washing it with lemon juice. You can also dab lemon juice on blackheads to draw them out during the day. Your skin should improve after several days of treatment. Make a face mask using lemon and honey.
- After shampooing, rinse your hair with water and lemon juice to prevent dandruff and to remove soap film.
- Apply lemon juice to cuts to disinfect them and help them heal faster.
- Mix lemon juice with olive or almond oil to help treat eczema.
- Combine lemon and papaya juice to get rid of athlete's foot.