Thursday, January 3, 2013

Urban Decay - Naked Basics Palette - Review



Ello lovelies!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
Today i'll be reviewing one of my favourite Christmas presents, the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette! I'm generally a shimmer shadow kinda gal, so my collection is pretty bare when it comes to matte eyeshadow shades. Lately i've been digging through my collection to find my odd matte shades to experiment with so getting this little beauty in my stocking was a welcome addition!



Being the addict i am, this now means i own all three Naked palettes... This one is significantly smaller than the previous two, housing only six matte shades and its ickle size means it can fit in the palm of your hand, making it perfect for travel. The shades come within sturdy feeling plastic casing and has a large mirror inside, again handy for on the go. My only gripe with the palette is that it basically contains three (half of the palette) highlight shades; Venus a demi-matte perfect for highlighting, Foxy a yellow toned matte highlight and W.O.S a more pink toned shadow. Personally, W.O.S and Venus would of been plenty as Foxy is already in Naked 2.



The other three shades are perfect for creating an assortment of matte looks, I've been really enjoying using them to create a "Pin Up" type eye using winged eyeliner and a pop of glitter for some variation. Since Christmas this has been sat on my makeup desk permanently and i expect it'll stay there for the foreseeable future, because even if i don't often create a full look with this palette, some of the shades are extremely handy. Naked 2 makes a fantastic transition colour for me, W.O.S has become my go-to matte highlight and I've been loving using Crave to deepen any smokey eye I've been wearing. Texture and pigmentation wise they are great, but we don't really expect anything less from Urban Decay. It is, as the name suggests a really nice basic palette.



For any matte lovers out there, this is a must have. But if you own Naked 1, 2 or just aren't too fussed on mattes you may want to skip Naked Basics. But overall i am pretty damn pleased i received this as a gift as i can see myself getting a ton of use out of it. Price wise at £20 it isn't bad, if you consider how much a single MAC eyeshadow or even how much a single Urban Decay will set you back, you are only really paying a little over £3 per shadow, so not bad at all!

Do you own any of the Naked Palettes?

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment