Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: The Battle of the Mists

Long long long ago, I was so hooked up on getting mists for my face, because I felt the weather was too drying, and my skin was dehydrated. So I bought 3 different mists, and 2 were from the beauty boxes - namely - avene (finished product and tossed), innisfree, jurlique, sukin and acaci. 


Please join me as I do a quick overview on all these mists, and you can decide for yourself whether you should invest in them or not ^^

 Mists  Mists  Mists ❤ Mists 

Let's begin with the one that I begun using first....


AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER
This product claims to soothe and soften your skin, and is suitable for sensitive skin.

My mother and myself have very sensitive skin, which gets easily irritated by new products or even the excessive sunrays. This spring water does help to soothe the skin, however I found myself re-applying (or rather, re-spraying) this over my face - the moisturisation does not last for a long time. 

Rather expensive for spraying "water" all over your face, well, that's what some people have said. Which I found it quite apt too, which costs you around SGD10++.

The GOOD
❤ Great for sensitive skin
❤ Quick for quenching thirsty skin

The BAD.

❤ Short term moisturisation - skin will still dry out after it has been fully absorbed
❤ Inconvenient to bring around, bulky and because of its packaging
❤ Expensive

Overall: 2/5



INNISFREE GREEN TEA MINERAL MIST
Enriched with green tea and green complex from pure Jeju Island. The Green Tee Pure revives dry, stressed skin by supplying abundant moisture. This is 100% Organic Green Tea Mineral, Ethanol Free (6-Free-System) and with Natural Ingredients.

I was sold when I read of its usefulness. I use this after toner, for extra hydration, as well as after makeup so I can set the makeup and give it a dewy complexion. This product smells refreshing, with a hint of green tea. I would recommend this for those who have red and irritated skin, as green tea is meant to soothe irritated and red skin. Sensitive skin people can consider this, as I personally have sensitive skin as well. I love it ^^ Did I mention it is wallet-friendly too? 


The GOOD.

❤ Moisturises my skin well
❤ Pleasant and refreshing scent
❤ Soothes my irritated and dry skin
❤ Can be used for hydration as well as to set your makeup
❤ Affordable

The BAD.

❤ Packaging is not the most convenient to bring around, especially this 50ml one

Overall: 4.5/5 





JURLIQUE CITRUS PURIFYING MIST
A daily clarifying mist that enlivens with the uplifting scent of Citrus and purifies the complexion. Ideal for normalizing Oily skin types. The benefits: to energize and purify your skin, leave your oily skin feeling refuned and refresh, and provide a natural antioxidant protection. The ingredients: witch hazel, lemon balm, glycerin, aloe vera, vitamin E, C and grapefruit seed. 

I was thrilled to receive this from my beauty box (from LBBB), I have never tried Jurlique products and I am happy to be able to finally try this out! Firstly, this has a very cute glass packaging for a deluxe travel sized bottle, the matte finish of the bottle makes it look very pure and natural as well. But I must say, this does not have the nicest scent - it can be choking for those who dislike citrus scents as this comes very strongly. Although the good point is that the smell fades away shortly after it has been fully absorbed into the skin. 


Works to moisturise my skin and refresh oily skin by midday. I love this I love this but I really can't stand the smell ._.


The GOOD.

❤ Moisturises the skin
❤ Refreshes oily skin
❤ Use it as a hydrating mist, or as a makeup finishing spray

The BAD.

❤ The price
❤ The citrus scent is too strong for me, but you may think otherwise~

Overall: 4/5





SUKIN HYDRATING MIST TONER
Sukin is an australian brand of natural skincare. The hydrating mist toner combines German cahmomile and rosewater to soothe and tone the skin. An alcohol-free, skin hydrating mist that helps soothe, tone and cool tired skin. Perfect for use after cleansing or whenever your skin feels tired or stressed. Use it for hot days, long flights or long days in an air-conditioned environment. Use it on face and body, over or under lotions, creams, gels, oils and makeup. 

This was my favourite toner, which you can see from my past few post here, and this is my 2nd bottle as well. However I will not recommend this for those with irritated skin, as it seems to burn my skin when I was having acne issues during the recent outbreaks. It burns whenever I use it as a toner, or as a mist over my moisturiser or makeup. I have stopped using it as a toner or mist since then, but I really love how this has a tinge of rosewater scent, very nice!


The GOOD.
❤ Lovely rose scent
❤ 2-in-1 product - a toner and a mist
❤ Small bottle, great for travelling/even having it in your bag
❤ Isn't too costly, about SGD10++

The BAD.
❤ Might irritate sensitive skin

Overall: 3/5 - sad that it starts to sting my skin, cos this was my fav :(





ACACI SPECIAL OIL-ZERO SOLUTION MIST
Removes excessive oiliness and sebum, keep skin looking fresh & matte, feel moisturized and clear all day long. It can be used immediately after you put on makeup to set your makeup or for touching up. It contains sebum-absorbing powders, removes sebum, absorbs the waste matters into the pores and helps to maintain clean and clear skin. 

Main ingredients are the witch hazel extract, sebum-absorbing powders, and green tea extract. To use, simply shake to mix the contents together and spray it all over your whole face at 20-30cm distance, remember to close your eyes too!

This product really does what it promises, I feel my skin is matte after the mist have been fully absorbed into the skin. It is portable and small, which you can bring it all around easily. However the scent may not be something that all would like, as it has a little medicated scent. A tip for those who want dewy skin, simply spray this onto the T-zone and avoid the rest that aren't oily!

The GOOD.
❤ Removes oil, leaving skin matte
❤ Moisturises, doesn't leave your skin feeling dry and flaky
❤ Small and convenient to bring around

The BAD.
❤ Medicated scent that not all might accept
❤ Have to shake before use
❤ Price wise, it is around SGD20++ I believe, might be expensive for some

Overall: 4/5 - I really think this is a great product! Who cares about the scent! ._.

***

So what is your favourite mist? Can you share it with me, as I am always on the look out for new and better products to try out ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment