Sunday, July 7, 2013

Makeup Tutorial: Larger Eyes Korean Makeup Tutorial

Did you know, IU had a lot of comments that she had done plastic surgery because she looked different from her debut days. People were speculating that she did enlarge her eyes, sharpen her face.. etc.

Well, the truth is, it was makeup that enlarged her eyes. And how did she achieve a slimmer face? She slimmed down a tremendous amount of weight which you can evidently see in the following images.


Now now, IU has amazing skin and beautiful eyes. 

But how did she enlarge those eyes to make it rounder and brighter....?




If you notice, she lines her upper lash line all the way until the inner corners. I will show you how to achieve that shortly... Apart from that, I will share with you how to clean up your dirty gel liners if you are new to makeup ^^

I have already filled in my brows, please view this tutorial to see how I have done my brows! I have already applied primer (finally bought my new urban decay primer potion!). 

Also, I will be using the Birthday Palette from Sephora, the matte beige as well as the shimmery brown eyeshadow. 


Apply a light wash of matte beige on your eye lids, do not exceed the socket area.


With the shimmery brown and a very light hand, dust it over your lids. Apply it close to your lash line and avoid crossing the crease line. 


Apply the same brown shadow to your lower lash line as well. 


Using the MicaBeauty shimmer powder, I applied it under my lower lash line, inner corner as well as the middle of my eyelids for that "pop" effect. 

Now here comes using the gel liner. I used the brush that came with the MicaBeauty gel liner, which made a messsss... I really prefer using my angled brush for this. 

You want to extend the eyeliner following the natural curvature of your eyes, and ensure you get it to the inner corners as well. 

Here's the point, you need to apply a thicker line in the inner corners. It looks like a small triangle when you close your eyes, however when you open your eyes, it will help to create a larger and rounder eye at the same time. 

This is the tip, the point that IU always has in her eyemakeup which makes her eye look different~

To clear that messy eyeliner, I simply soaked a cotton bud with my bioderma miscellar cleansing water and clean up the messy edge. Reapply any eyeshadow if the colour is loss. 
 Curl and apply your favourite mascara and the look is completed~



I love it, it is so pretty. You can opt for a thinner line if you prefer~





Pair it with my favourite rose pink lip colour, and that's it!

Are there any other Korean Pop Idols makeup whom you would like me to try out? Do leave me a comment below and I will definitely reply and take your comments seriously <3


1 comment:

  1. I love this! The eye makeup actually looks very similar to IU's eyes. Great job! I'm going to try this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete