Proper hair care will lead to healthier, beautiful looking hair. Whereas, poor hair care tactics or not taking care of your hair can cause breakage, split ends, fly aways, dull hair, frizzies and early hair loss.
Hair is “dead”, and we cannot permanently repair any damage that happens to it. You only get one chance with your hair! This is why it is so important to treat your hair properly, so as to prevent damage. One essential part of this is to adopt a good hair care routine and keep chemical treatments like perming and bleaching to a minimum, as they weaken the hair.
· Use the right amount of shampoo. Too much shampoo can strip your hair of its natural oils and moisture. While you’re in the shower, remember not to scrub too hard and make sure you rinse your hair properly.
· Detangle your hair before you wash it. A good bristle brush and a little elbow grease can go a long way. Detangling helps to loosen dirt and dead skin cells from the scalp so they can be easily washed out.
· Always use a soft hairbrush. Combs and brushes with sharp bristles can irritate your scalp even further. Do yourself a favour and comb your hair with a soft hairbrush whose bristles are made from natural animal’s hairs; it is softer and more flexible which means less damage will be done to your hair.
· Remember, you shampoo the scalp and condition the hair! So thoroughly wet your hair and scalp, pour a small amount of shampoo into the palm of your hand, rub them together and apply this to the scalp as directly as possible. Massage it into the scalp making sure the scalp is cleaned all over well and rinse well. Apply conditioner to your hair, not your scalp. Try to spread it evenly throughout your hair avoiding the root of your hair and leave it in for a few minutes before rinsing well.
· Rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse some more. You simply can’t rinse your hair enough. Leaving any shampoo residue on your scalp could dry your scalp and hair or attract dirt. A good rule of thumb is to rinse your hair for a full two minutes longer than you would normally rinse. If your hair is really clean and well rinsed, it should squeak between your fingers.
· Avoid using hair products with formaldehyde or alcohol in them, as they will dry out your hair by stripping the lipids from the natural moisture barrier in the hair shaft. Stiff, straw-like hair is a clear indication that it has been stripped of what nature intended to be there.
· Avoid using hair products with waxes or silicones as their ingredients because they will clog up the hair cuticles causing limp, lifeless hair as well as not allowing your colour treatment to penetrate evenly.
Revival Daily-Use Shampoo and Conditioner by ASK Cosmetics Inc. of Canada
Products available on their webshop, click here: http://www.askcosmetics.com/ or call toll-free 1-877-275-5566 to order directly.
For additional information on achieving and maintaining the healthiest, most voluminous hair possible, check these out:
Thanks for stopping by. Sending awesome thoughts your way, Lisa M.