Monday, February 6, 2012

How I clean my brushes



 Hi! hope you're having a good day :)
since i have not posted anything the past week , i promise to post as much as i can this coming week!
you know the usual excuses, school, school work, the new kdrama that just came out etc etc...
anyways i'd like to thank you for reading my blog and for those that followed me i really appreciate it(so much) actually this blog has been my source of happiness this new year! so thank you so much ^_^

well moving on to the main subject of this post...
It's that time of the month again where my brushes are due to some deep cleaning. these bad boys have been rolling in the mud and need some tlc or more like deep cleaning, since(enter excuse) happened i haven't had the time to clean them. dust, yucky dead skin cells, and bacteria that's been populating in the makeup build up, can cause your face major damage, it is very important that brushes have to be cleaned regularly. also cleaning your brushes can make it last longer ^_^

(eew)
i use the following products to clean my brushes
  • textured makeup remover wipes
  • elf studio brush shampoo
  • Dr. Bronners Baby Mild Liquid Soap
  • elf studio daily brush cleaner


First step:
i sweep my brushes back and forth on the surface to remove some of the makeup
(click for larger image)

this is an optional step
i just do this because i'm trying to find a way to use these makeup wipes that i don't really like. they have tiny dots that can get in between the brushes and break down some of the makeup. but is perfect for foundation brushes or eyeliner brushes.

Second step:Rinse. this can also be the first step. I run my brushes in warm water to again break down the makeup, tilting my brushes downwards and avoiding getting the water inside so it doesn't ruin the glue that holds the hair together.


Third step:
on a plate i drop some brush shampoo and dilute it with some water. i then swirl the brush in the mixture. for round face brushes i swirl it in circles on my palm or the back of my hand and with eye or foundation brushes i sweep is back and forth and then rinse. squeeze excess water.


Fourth step
this is the same as the third step but instead i use, Dr Bronners soap.


this soap is amazing. actually i didn't know that i could use this on my brushes i had been using this as a body wash until i saw dulcecandy87's tutorial on youtube. maybe i'll do a review on this product. it really breaks down the makeup and since it's made of oils it really conditions my brushes and doesn't dry it.

Last Step
after squeezing the excess water out, i spray my brushes a couple of times with the daily brush cleaner to make it smell nicer, and for some extra antibacterial protection. i sweep it back and forth on the towel. i elevate it so that the water runs down not in. and then i'm all done. i let it dry over night and use it once it's done

now compare this stippling brush to how it looked like on the first picture. now it's nice, clean, and new looking.

thank you for reading
love,
Jill







No comments:

Post a Comment