Friday, January 20, 2012

Getting Fancy with Glitter

At the beginning of the week I posted my first attempts with polish and a glittery topcoat, but I kept back these swatches for a later date, which I decided is NOW as I have seen so many blogs involving bling and glitter this past week. 
Personally, this combo is my favourite.  I have yet to try "Strobe Light" over ASK Cosmetics' Nailwear "Perfect Red", which will create an awesome look, I think.  That might be a weekend project!

Now, I have been told by bloggers to emphasize the fact that all ASK Nailwear is free of the "toxic trio": DBP, toluene and formaldehyde.  Nowadays many companies strongly advertise this too, but my question to fellow bloggers is:  How important are ingredients in polishes, removers, glitters, crackles, etc. to you?  Do you base your purchases on  the contents?  Are you concerned about any possible health effects when using polishes and the likes containing the "toxic trio"?

Most times it is extremely difficult to read the ingredients on the bottle (if they are listed at all), such as was the case when I purchased the Sally Hansen bottles of glitter.


As always I would be very interested in your comments....... 

Have a safe and happy weekend!

Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment