Tuesday, May 7, 2013

And so the IMATS excitement begins...

 

Ello lovelies!

The London International Makeup Artist Trade Show is a little over six weeks away now, can you believe it?! But boy haven't we waited for this one! It has been nearly a year and a half (wow, it doesn't seem that long ago) since the last IMATS because of their switcharoo with the LA event and my god am i excited. This will be my second year at IMATS as i enjoyed every second of last years event, even though that meant getting up at 3am to make the hideous journey. But for me, those few hours of lost sleep were a well worthy sacrifice.

IMATS is like Christmas, Easter and my birthday all rolled in to one for me as a makeup junkie, but this year i will be on a much stricter budget after last years over the top megahaul. The venue has changed this year and it is being held at London Olympia on the 22nd and 23rd of June 2013. I shall *fingers crossed* be up on the Saturday for some much need beauty retail therapy. Unfortunately i have lost my partner in makeup related crimes this year (Miss Jane) for the event but luckily, good ol' Mum has come to the rescue and is excited to come with me, bless her!
 
 Aside from shopping i am stupidly excited to see the amazing work on display this year. As an IMATS newbie last year i got far too caught up with shopping and forgot to take more pictures of some of the breathtaking looks various makeup artists were creating during the event. This year i plan to snap, snap, snap! And hopefully attend and few of the seminars available as i managed to completely miss these in too.



I've been keeping my beady eye on that exhibitor list for a while now and am a little disappointed to not see Illamasqua on there (yet), they were one of my favourite stands at last years event but there is still plenty of time! One exciting new addition this year is Nars, yes you heard me, Nars! As far as I'm aware this is the first year they've exhibited, and as we don't have a Nars counter in Southampton this is great news for me. I'm also looking forward to picking up a few more Crown Brushes as well as some bits from Embryolisse, OCC, MUFE, possibly a few cheeky Inglot shades and knowing me, quite a bit more.

You can check out the full exhibitor list and event / venue information here.

I also have photos and a haul up from last years show.

Are you heading the IMATS this year? 
Who are you excited to check out?

xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment