Monday, October 11, 2010

Review: Napoleon Perdis Protege Lip Gloss

Here's another lipgloss review! This time, it is the only high-end lipgloss that I own to date... Napoleon Perdis Protege Lip Gloss.

This lipgloss was sent to me for free from Meg's Make-up after redeeming 50 make-up points (if anyone of you wants me to send them an invitation to join Meg's Make-up please don't hesitate to let me know. P.S. you now have to pay a small fee for shipping though when redeeming the points).

Here's what NP says about this lipgloss:

'This limited edition mint-flavored lip gloss is the secret to lustrous lips 24/7. A built-in mirror ensures ease of application, while Bees Wax nourishes and protects your pout. Result: Lips are left super-shiny.'

As you can see from the image here, the lipgloss comes in a transparent, square tube with the company name on the front stamped in gold and a small mirror on the lid, all packaged in the pictured leopard print box. I don't normally keep boxes but I like this one so much, I decided to keep it (plus, it's a high-end product hehe). Overall, I really like the packaging as it looks really professional; in fact, in this regard, it is my favourite gloss.

The colour may look a bit scary at first, but it is just a nude coral colour, perfect for summer days and to brighten up winter days as well. Here's a swatch:

                               

As you open the tube, a nice, fresh, minty smell greets you and this lingers onto your lips for a few minutes, during which you will feel a tingling sensation. The applicator resembles a lip-brush, but the bristles stay close together due to the liquid texture of the gloss. However, application is still smooth and not-sticky at all. 
With regards stay-on power, this gloss compares to others I have which is average.


I like the mirror thing, but I still can't figure out how I am supposed to apply the lipgloss and look at it at the same time :S but I carry a mirror with me all the time so that is no big deal. Finally, I like how soft, smooth and moisturized my lips feel when wearing this lipgloss.

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment