Friday, October 1, 2010

Review: e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shines SPF 15

Another elf review for today :) This time, it's the Super Glossy Lip Shines SPF 15's turn. I got my first three shades free with a promotion earlier this year and have been hooked ever since!

Mine came in this cute plastic pouch but I believe normally, they come individually packed in blister packages just like the other products from elf's regular line:


The shades are (left to right), Goddess, Malt Shake & Iced Latte (this is my order of preference).

As I said earlier, I got these 3 free with a promotion when e.l.f. UK's facebook page reached 50,000 likes and they were randomly chosen for each customer.  When I took them out, I instantly loved all of them but I wasn't sure of Malt Shake and Iced Latte in terms of how they will turn out against my skin. On the other hand, I knew Goddess would look good as normally I tend to reach for similar colours.

On with the review. With regards the actual lipgloss tubes, they are made of clear plastic and have the elf logo and the product name printed in silver on the front and the ingredients on the back. They have a twist off transparent cap and a slating tip out which you squeeze the product. Although the packaging may look cheap, I actually like it as I can see exactly which colour I am picking and also, they are convenient to carry around in any bag. Here they are pictured (top to bottom: Goodess, Malt Shake and Iced Latte) in natural light:


As for the colours, they are not dark at all! This is primarily the reason I am more of a lipgloss person rather than a lipstick person, because I like sheer shades more. Goddess is my absolute favourite as it is such a nice, warm colour and goes with everything, both alone and layered over lipsticks. Malt Shake, for me is a bit hard to describe... it's kind of a red-brown with old rose undertones. It also comes out sheer and I like to layer it on red lipsticks most. Finally Iced Latte, a warm brown shade that has some shimmer in it as well. I like this lipgloss when layered over my natural brown lipstick better than when worn alone, but overall it is a nice shade as well. From left to right: Iced Latte, Malt Shake and Goddess:


I would like to point out the fact that these are not sticky at all (they are actually bf approved :P) and last for quite a long time on my lips. I also love the sweet smell (and taste) which on the website is described as Sweet Grape. Bonus points go to the SPF 15 and the feeling of moisturized lips.

These lip glosses can be purchased from the elf cosmetics website and retail at £1.50/€1.70 each.   

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment