Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Review: essence eyebrow designer in 02 Brown

A quick review today on essence eyebrow designer in 02 Brown. I will start off with a confession... I've had this for quite a long time and I only have TRIED using it for like 3 or 4 times, but always ended up with harsh-looking brows so I gave up. It's not that the pencil isn't any good, far from it; it's just that I don't like the finished effect. I prefer to use a powder eyeshadow, similar to my brows in colour as it gives a smoother and less harsh finish (I think).

Anyways, let's see what this eyebrow pencil looks like:


Basically, it is just a regular pencil with a cap that you pull off to reveal the tip. The cap has a small brush on it as well which is intended to blend the brush strokes with your actual brow hairs. 


The brush on the cap and the tip of the pencil

It is important to sharpen the eyebrow pencil to a pointy tip as this will produce the best strokes (not for me though).  I have naturally dark brows, but this shade doesn't exactly complement them as it comes out a tad darker, therefore resulting in harsh-looking brows. This is basically the major draw-back of this pencil... it is only available in 2 shades, black and brown! In things like these, I always like to have a vast choice of shades so that I can get a perfect match, but as you know, this is not always possible. Here is swatch:


Although it looks a fairly light colour, when thinly swatched, when you swatch this pencil in the same way you should apply it on your brows, it comes on quite dark. Here's another picture to see what I mean:


And here's the same swatch after I rubbed my finger once on it:


Not a very good lasting power huh? Anyway, I still use this pencil to line my upper las line when I want a natural day look. However, I wouldn't recommend you to use it on your lower lash line as it will simply smudge away.

What products do you use to define your brows? Did you try this pencil? If so, what are your views about it?

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment