Sunday, October 17, 2010

Review: Maybelline Expert Eyes Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Black

Today's review concerns another eyeliner pencil, namely, Maybelline Expert Eyes Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Black.

Let me start by showing you how it looks like (mine has the writing worn off so I looked up pics on the internet):


Left: The way the product is supplied;
Right: The actual pencil

The pencil is actually a very soft kohl type eyeliner, which is always good so as to eliminate unnecessary tugging at your eyes. It is not that pigmented though, and therefore looks more like a grayish black than black black. Here is a comparison with my Max Factor Kohl in 020 Black:


Max Factor on the left and Maybelline on the right

Now, here's a heavier swatch of the Maybelline eyeliner:


I like to wear this eyeliner for day time or whenever I want a muted black due to its poor pigmentation. It does smudge a bit though so it's not an eyeliner I reach for that often as I don't like how it tends to move to my outer corner and sit there all smudged. A primer underneath does help prevent it smudging though. Here's the same swatch as above after I rubbed it a bit:


Overall, I would not recommend this pencil to anyone who likes a dramatic eye look, but its definitely worth a try if you want a more toned-down look. Just remember to use a primer and try not to rub your eyes whilst wearing it!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment