Sunday, October 31, 2010

NOTW: Take a Walk on the Wild Side!


I am very fond of this manicure as I was kind of excited about the final result because it is my first attempt at leopard print and I humbly admit it came out really well! I used a pink polish for my French tip to commemorate October as Breast Cancer Awareness month and to make the look more girly at the same time.



Here's how you can re-create this manicure:

1. Apply a base coat or strengthener to your bare nails (I chose Florelle Nail Strengthener).

2. When completely dry, apply one coat of a nude pink polish (L'Oreal Resist&Shine Titanium in 100).

3. Apply a pink nail polish of your choice to create a French tip (Missha Nail Color in PK102).

4. Using a dotting tool, put random dots on the French tip with a red nail polish (elf Red Velvet)

5. By means of a detailing nail art brush, go around the dots with black nail polish, painting 'C' shapes. Don't worry of this overlaps the red dots or if they are not perfect, it's part of the design!

6. To add a hint of glitz, apply a thin stripe of sparkly black polish right underneath the French tip to separate it from the rest of the nail and give the manicure some dimension (Ideal Nail Design Shade Nr.4).

7. Finish off with a clear glossy top coat and cuticle oil and you're done!



Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment