Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Review: Maybelline Water Shine Lipstick in 02 Cocoa Shake

If you read my blog on a regular basis I think you would be confused by now when I say I'm not a lipstick person and I have been doing reviews about lipsticks for the past week or so. OK, you have a right to be confused at this and I don't blame you. But if you take a closer look, you will see that all my lipstick are neutrals and these reviews have helped me look at lipstick in a different way, so I might say I am liking it more and will consider buying more adventurous colours. 

I got this lipstick quite a long time ago in the duty-free beauty section at the airport before departing on my first ever trip to Paris. We had some time on our hands and me and Mum went to take a look around at the beauty stores. When I saw this lipstick, I instantly wanted it as it is such a beautiful and natural colour (actually, the packaging was what caught my eye, followed by the colour ;P) so Mum bought it for me. Here's what it looks like:



So you get a cute pink and silver square tube with the shade colour, number and name at the base. Please excuse the bullet being so low but like I said, this has been my property for a long time and I am trying to make it last as long as I can because either Maybelline discontinued it or else they gave it a different name because I can't find this exact shade anywhere :( even on the internet!!!! 

The colour is a very nice, sheer pink with a hint of brown undertone and a little shimmer, making this lipstick perfect for both day and night. Here are some swatches:


It is not very pigmented, (then again it is a light colour) therefore you have to go like 3 or 4 times to get some colour onto your lips. Consequently, it doesn't last long either. Nevertheless, it feels very moisturizing. This lipstick has no particular smell and taste.

It's a pity that Maybelline discontinued this shade (if I'm right in saying so) because I love it so much and would recommend it to anyone who likes muted, natural pinks.

If anyone of you knows where I can buy it, please please please let me know :)

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment