Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Review: Artdeco Soft Kajal Liner 80

I had this eyeliner for a couple of years or so but I don't reach for it that often. Although it is a nice colour, I prefer to use it in summer, but sometimes I still hesitate to use it. Read on to see why.

First. let me show you what this eyeliner looks like:


Just a regular eyeliner pencil with the cap and the bottom part showing the actual colour. It bugs me that there is no shade name but just a number on the pencil (80), but when I looked it up on the internet, just to make sure that the number actually corresponds to a shade and not just part of the range name, I found out that this particular shade is actually called Blue Sky.

This pencil has a soft texture but you have to tug and pull at your eyes to get some decent colour on. I really don't like the smell of this pencil... it stinks! It has always been like that and this is the main reason that keeps me from using this pencil as often as I would like. Furthermore it doesn't last at all! After an hour at most, it just fades away even with a primer underneath. Here are some swatches to demonstrate pigmentation and the actual colour:


Left: A heavy swatch to show the exact colour
Right: Progressive swatches to show you what kind of colour you get if you apply the pencil 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 times in the same place.

At this point, I bet all of you will agree that this is a gorgeous colour and it is a pity it has so many faults. In view of all this, it is the only eye pencil from Artdeco that I own and I'm afraid it will be the last!

Have you ever tried Artdeco Kajal liners? What do you think of them?

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment