Thursday, July 8, 2010

Review: Revlon Illuminance Creme Eyeshadow Limited Edition 10-Shade Palette in Warm & Toasty 02


Hello my lovelies. Today, I'll be reviewing Revlon Illuminance Creme Eyeshadow Limited Edition 10-Shade Palette in Warm & Toasty 02.

My cousin and his lovely wife bought me this palette as a gift when they came over for a visit. We do get Revlon here in Malta but not all the stuff, as was the case with this palette. I immediately fell in love with all the neutral tones and when I turned to the back of the palette and read 'limited edition', I was over the moon. It is the only creme eyeshadow palette I own and I really love it.

Be it summer or winter, these eyeshadows never fail to impress. Especially during summer when make up seems too worn out by the heat that it doesn't want to stay put! The colours come out really nice and I like to experiment with new combinations. However, applying a powdery base (mineral foundation, pressed powder or simply a similar coloured eyeshadow) prior to applying the creme ones, will help prevent creasing + a similar coloured eyeshadow underneath will make the colour stand out more (not that these ones in particular need it). Further more, the colour stays put until I take it off with an eye-makeup remover.

The different shades in the palette compliment any skin tone and are perfect for day or night. I prefer to use the lighter colours during the day and the darker colours at night though I do mix different scales of the browns to achieve a different look each time. The image on the right shows swatches of the 10 different colours in the palette.



Until next time, take care & stay beautiful

Laraxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment