Saturday, July 24, 2010

Review: e.l.f. studio Daily Brush Cleaner

I bought this product in my last haul from e.l.f. cosmetics. I usually wash my brushes once a week (or more if they need it) with regular hair shampoo and conditioner... but being the beauty product junkie that I am, I wanted to give this a go and at £3.50 (€4) I was not going to break the bank was I?

The Daily Brush Cleaner comes in a black plastic spray bottle that holds 250ml of product. I like the fact it's a spray bottle because that way you are more economical. Also, despite the bottle being black, it is still see-through and that way you can see how much of the product you have left. Here's what it looks like:




The actual product is a clear brush cleaner with a strong floral scent. I love the scent but since it is a bit strong, I recommend you work with it in a well-ventilated area. The smell doesn't linger on the brushes though so you should be ok with that.

The Daily Brush Cleaner is supposed to clean, disinfect and condition the bristles of your brushes. I can say it definitely cleans and disinfects them, as you can see and feel that your brushes seem fresh and as good as new after using this product! As for the conditioning part, I it doesn't dry out the bristles of the brushes so it definitely checks all the boxes!

You can use the brush cleaner in either of two ways; either by spraying the product directly on to the bristles and wipe them in a towel or else spray the product on the towel and wipe the bristles in back and forth gentle circular motions. Repeat the process if needed until there's no colour coming out of the brush, reshape the brushes and leave to dry (preferably flat). Depending on how dense the brush is, it will take from 2-10 minutes to dry. The quick drying time is because this cleaner (like all brush cleaners) contains alcohol, and so the brushes dry quickly!

I also use this to disinfect my nail art/gel extensions brushes after use and also on my nail stamping plates!

Overall, I like the results this product gave me so far and I am considering buying e.l.f.'s Brush Shampoo as well. I think it is worth investing in this brush cleaner since clean make up brushes mean less bacteria on your face and therefore less break outs!

No comments:

Post a Comment