Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Review: Scholl Rough Skin Remover & Scholl Cracked Heel Repair Cream

These two products were featured in My Summer Essentials which I posted a few days ago (click here). They made it in my essentials for various reasons and today I am going to review both of them here.




I use both products in both summer and winter. I am not that kind of person who in winter ignore my feet completely and expect to have them flawless by summer. I take time to do a pedicure myself once a week (click here for the whole procedure) and I also take good care of my feet by wearing comfortable shoes when I'm working and massage after a long day.

Rough Skin Remover (75ml)


First up is the Rough Skin Remover. Since I spend a lot of time on my feet, I get occasional rough skin patches on the soles of my feet. I hate them and think they are unsightly, no matter how small they are. I used to remove them with a conventional body scrub but it didn't quite remove them wholly no matter how much time I spend circling it in :S

Then, I saw this product advertised in a magazine which they give out with a local newspaper and decided to give it a go. On the tube it says:

'Scholl Rough Skin Remover is especially created to take care for the unique characteristics of the skin on the foot. It contains specialized fruit AHAs and natural pumice to effectively remove rough, hard skin, leaving feet soft and smooth.'

The product does not have a particular smell and has an average consistency with not-so-small brownish granules. It is advised to apply it to clean, dry skin in circular motions and then rinse it off. It should be applied from 2 to 3 times a week depending on severity of the condition (N.B. If you have a very thick layer of hard skin, do not cut it off, always consult with a podologist before attempting anything yourself).

It is very important that your feet be dry to achieve full benefits of the product. It feels really nice applying the cream because once the cream is absorbed in the skin, all there's left are the granules which you continue to massage and you will see the hard skin falling off!

The down-side to this product is the fact that it leaves my feet and hands quite dry after use. A bit like washing with a bar of soap.

However, I've noted a decrease in frequency of hard skin occurring on my feet so I will certainly buy this again.

It has a 12 month fit for use period.

Cracked Heel Repair Cream (60ml)


The Cracked Heel Repair Cream, I use as a foot cream at the end of my pedicure/bath. As I said, I spend a lot of time standing on my feet and I do wear high heels, thus my heels are prone to crack slightly.

After using this cream for three consecutive days, I immediately notice smoother heels with no cracks and thus I still use this product everyday to maintain them.

It has a rich consistency which is however easily absorbed in the skin and has no particular scent. The product also has a 12 month expiry period.

No comments:

Post a Comment