Thursday, July 29, 2010

Review: Orly Wrap & Tip Sponge Removal System for Natural & Artificial Nails

As you know, from my previous posts, I am currently taking a course leading to international qualifications as a gel nail technician.

On my first lesson, I managed to not put enough glue on one of the tips (oops :|) and consequently there was a huge air bubble. Having air bubbles trapped like that could mean the client could contract a fungal infection especially if she spends a lot of time with her hands in water doing house chores. This creates a moist environment which is perfect for fungi and certain bacteria to grow and multiply in.

Anyways, I asked my instructor to show me how to remove the tip and she produced this squarish bottle:




She asked me to put my model's finger in it and remove it after a couple of minutes. Basically, there is a sponge inside the bottle impregnated with a solvent that removes both artificial nails and nail polish from natural nails without causing any damage to the nails themselves and the surrounding nail wall. The client (or yourself) just has to insert her finger in the slit in the middle of the sponge and wait for a couple of minutes (seconds for nail polish) until the tip dissolves.

I decided to get one for myself and last lesson I bought one listen to this... for a mere €4 for 100ml!!! It's not at all costly is it?

So, on artificial nails I can say it works really well and the same goes for nail polish removal on natural nails. I was curious to try it and so I dipped my fingers one by one for like 2 or 3 seconds, only to lift them without any trace of nail polish on!! And the best thing is, I didn't experience any drying of my nails.

However, I just tried this once just to see how it works. I will still continue to use acetone-free nail polish remover and leave the product for my future clients.

I give this product my thumbs up and will definitely repurchase it!

No comments:

Post a Comment