Sunday, July 11, 2010

Initial thoughts: e.l.f. eye products from last haul

Over the weekend I've had some time playing around and experimenting with all my latest purchases from e.l.f. cosmetics and it's time to share my initial thoughts on some of them (reviews will follow at a later date)! First up are the eye products from the regular line (I didn't get anything from the studio line this time).

Eyelid Primer





Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow. The ultra sheer nude color works to increase eye color longevity. The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear. ~ e.l.f.'s website


I totally agree with the company's claims that it increases wear of eyeshadow and that it blends quickly. All you need is just 2 - 3 dabs on the eyelid, blend them all over with your fingertip (preferably using the ring finger due to the delicateness of the eye area) and allow a few seconds for it to dry. Then apply eyeshadow as usual.

I tried this product with nude/neutral shades as well as stronger colours and besides the make up lasting until I took it off, I also noticed the colours were more intense, even the lightest shades!

I was so impressed with this product that it is definitely in my must-haves list from e.l.f. cosmetics.

Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara





Glossy, shiny healthy-looking lashes and brows with infused long wearing conditioning agents. Looking pulled together has never been easier! ~ e.l.f.'s website


Again, the description is correct. I use the clear mascara when I want to make my lashes look longer and then apply a regular mascara over them. As for the eyebrows, I use it to arrange them in shape and this makes it easier to see strays when plucking. I also tried going to sleep with the clear mascara on my brows and when I woke up...my brows were picture perfect! Definitely another must-have...especially for unruly brows!

Earth and Water Mascara Duo





Revolutionary Liquid-Flex™ Technology – Long-Lasting, Smudge and Smear Proof. Duo applicator has been designed to be used in dry or wet conditions. ~ e.l.f.'s website


I thought the product was such a bargain (£1.50!) that I got both shades (black & brown).




Basically, on one side, you have a regular mascara and on the other a waterproof version. And they really are waterproof!! I tried them when I went swimming and there was no sign of mascara smears! So yeah definitely a must-have bargain!




Waterproof eyeliner pen





Get no smudge, no budge eyeliner that lasts for hours for a fabulous and fresh look of precision. The smooth pen applicator easily glides on color for very fine to bold lines for effortless beauty. ~ e.l.f.'s website


The last product from the eyes range is the Waterproof eyeliner pen. I also got two shades of this (black & coffee). When I tried to wash the eyeliner swatches I did for the haul article, I confirmed they are really waterproof so I took them off with the make-up remover instead.

The black one persisted and I took more time to remove it (even from my eyes) whilst the brown one came off quite quickly.

The pen format makes it easier to achieve more precise lines for a more professional look. The image below gives an indication of the width of the pen tip as compared to a regular ball-pen.




All of these products, as shown in the photos, come in handy tubes which you can carry around with you and I will definitely buy them again. At such a price they are worth having and they compare really well with the high-end brands!

Stay beautiful :)

Lara xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment