Saturday, August 10, 2013

Munchkins: Dôme Café

I am finally back from my short getaway in Batam, and here I bring you a food review because... I recently created a poll, and seems like some of you enjoy food reviews huh! Craving for more mouth watering food posts, so here you go.. Drool for all you want xP And then don't come and blame me for making you hungry in the middle of the night ok~

Source: Discover Your Mojo
Dôme Café is probably one of my favourite place to hang out at Dhoby Ghaut MRT's shopping mall (Plaza Singapura), at the new extension wing! Indulge in their rich and flavourful cakes as you get engulfed in the coffee aroma. How blissful is that? 

But NO! Today I have tried their main dishes, together with my food buddy as always! Both of us enjoy eating, and eating good food, so here's one that is affordable and worth every cent. I promise. And I decided to try the outlet at Shaw House instead. 



Be prepared for a visual dinner. Boo..

What a bummer right, not food haha!

So here's the menu of the items that we ordered. And they did appear the same size as what the image promised us of, which is great! Because, I have received lasagnes that appear half the size ;(

The pricing of the food is actually very reasonable, I really feel that every cent is worth it, and I even felt like they have put in so much effort in the food.. 


There was a promotion on their drinks, so I spontaneously ordered the grapefruit one I believe? Honestly can't remember, but it was quite refreshing? Not for people who dislike citrus drinks. But I wouldn't repurchase this.. probably because I don't fancy ice-blended drinks that' much? But I do love ice-blended coffee, because the ice seems to melt and make the coffee taste less sweet. But this on the contrary, diluted the juice altogether. 

Lo and behold, the Seafood Marinara that costs $14.20++. The marinara sauce was fantastic, tomato-rich! I can't remember if it's spicy, because I did not eat this. Vaguely recall that my friend really liked this dish.

Look at those huge chunks of seafood, see how generous they are with their ingredients ^^ That's why this is a very reasonably priced dish, you are really paying for everything you wanted, and you are getting it too~ 

Ohhh I ate this! I had this! I loved it! Seeeee, the size of it is humongous! The lasagne noodles were cooked perfectly, not soggy, and not too hard. 

Every bite, is beef.. beef and more beef. They do not scrimp and save on their ingredients! And I feel their beef is well marinated, and I love the tomato-based flavour~ Love how the melted mozarella cheese and other cheese match perfectly as well. I am a sucker for this dish and I am now a frequent DOMEr because of this lagsane. Hmm, when am I going for Dome again?

Had your visual feast? Satisfied? Hahaha.. 
Overall, I feel this is a wonderful place to gather with friends for dinner, or even settle for a date. Bring your girl friends here for an awesome tea time as well, because their cakes will not disappoint you! As for coffee lovers... I think you'll love this place too ^^ It's a perfect score of 5/5 definitely!!!

Go Dôme CaféCheck out about Dôme Cafés at their official website 
http://www.olio.sg/domecoffee/ 

See their online menu of all the foods available and drool to your heart's content~
http://www.olio.sg/domecoffee/dome-coffees-menu/

And I will be checking out some of their other locations like the one near the Art Museum anytime soon, teehee. So share with me your favourite cafe? Leave your blog post if you'd like to make me salivate, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment