Monday, November 7, 2011

Sigma - Make Me Blush Kit Review



So this post is long overdue... ooops! I wanted to give these brushes a good old testing before i shared my opinion. I was lucky enough to get this set for my birthday and had previously only tried their Sigmax collection of kabukis (which i adore!) and the free little E25 blending brush you get free with orders over $30. I'd been lusting over this kit for quite some time and for one reason or another I'd put off buying it.



The set comes in various different colours so there's a choice for everyone. Although i never wear pink i had to opt for these since they match everything else in my room! Priced at $99 for 12 brushes and the holder i don't think this is an overly expensive set, and is significantly cheaper than a lot of other brands. Sigma also frequently have 10% off codes up online, so keep your eye open for those! The holder is perfect for travel and makes two cute brush holders for your vanity. 
 

All of these have made their way into my regular makeup routine although i have to admit i was a little disappointed with a few. The F30 has shed quite a bit, i thought it'd get better with a few washes but i still find myself picking hairs off my face. I've had these well over a month now and they've had a good 5-6 washes, it's not a massive issue for me as it's now only the odd hair but it wasn't something i was expecting as i haven't had that problem with my current Sigma brushes. My second issue is with the F40, along with a little shedding (nowhere near as much as the large powder brush) it hasn't really kept it's shape. If you've had one of the E25's you'll know what i mean. It's slightly splayed out which again isn't a massive issue I'm just a little bit of a perfectionist! 

Forgetting my little grumble overall i think this is a pretty decent set. I can't compare them to Mac brushes as i don't own any but I'm really enjoying using them and they hands down beat any of my other brushes! I'm looking forward to grabbing a couple more brushes from Sigma in the future like the Large Tapered Blending and their new additions to the Sigmax range.

If you're interested in reading my review on the Synthetic Face Kit click here.

You can have a looky at all the Sigma brushes available on their website here.

Which Sigma brushes are your favourites? Let me know!

Thanks for reading.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment