Sunday, November 27, 2011

17 BB Cream & FOTD

Ello lovelies!
So unless you've been living under a rock with your fingers in your ears you'll know the biggest beauty craze currently is BB creams. I love them. I use my Skin79 one on a daily basis and definitely would not be without it. So far I've been less then impressed with the UK's offerings of BB creams. So i was a little excited and slightly skeptical about trying a new one. Would it stand up against one of my holy grail products?

The answer is no...
I'll tackle the obvious problem first, colouring. I purchased the shade Light as I'm generally around an NC15 or lighter. As you can see it's quite a bit darker than i am, although it's not as bad on the face. But obviously if your a little more tanned than me (it's not hard, I'm verging on Casper) this could work for you. 
"Discover the new 17 BB Blemish Balm to reveal the magic of flawless skin with this all-in-one foundation plus skincare wonder product" 

Personally i thought the coverage was poor. It's quite thick in consistency but is unable to cover even minimal flaws. Even though i feel it does give poor coverage i found it was more visible on the skin, certainly not flawless as 17 describe it. I had to use a powder with a bit of coverage in it to even out my skin tone and even then it wasn't brilliant. If you're going for a no makeup makeup look, this really isn't for you!

Overall i really wouldn't recommend this, but then again that's just my opinion and you might love it! 

(Not sure why i always insist on doing FOTD's when i have appalling eyebrows, apologies!)

Eyes:
Fyrinnae - Polar Bear
Fyrinnae - Book Of The Dead
Fyrinnae - Damn Paladins
Fyrinnae - Nijiro
Fyrinnae - Pixie Epoxy 

Lips:
L'occitane - Lip balm 
(and some serious lipstick stains!)

Face:
17 BB Cream
Mac - Mineralized Skin Finish Natural - Light
Nars - Orgasm Blush 

As you can see the finish isn't great, though I'm in love with that Fyrinnae combo! If you're looking to try out a BB cream i wholeheartedly recommend Skin79's Hot Pink BB Cream!

Do you have any favourites?
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment