Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Two inexpensive ways of adding a punch of colour and style to your look

Two of the least expensive ways of adding a burst of colour to your outfit are:  wearing a fashionably-coloured scarf or sporting a trendy nail polish shade, or both.

Personally, I am thrilled that scarves are still considered a must-have this spring and summer.  Everybody's wearing one and they are so versatile.  They give your outfit a creative touch, finished look, punch of colour - they possibilities to tie a scarf are endless...
As an avid collector of scarves I seem to have one for every occasion. For this post I chose three that I think will fit in well this season.  I have taken various photos of them with a few shades I feel could be the perfect match.
Oh So Aubergine on a fine, light-weight, flowing purple scarf.  I know the tones do not match exactly, but I don't think it would matter much in this case.  I often wear the scarf as seen below.
The other option is combining Romantic Sunset - purple with dusty, dreamy, antique pink as follows:

Blue shades are everywhere at the moment.  Last week I posted Classic Peacock with a short write-up about this particular colour.  Let me show you what peacock looks like on my scarves.
Seen here is Essie "Beach Bum Blu".  I swatched it to show you the difference between it and one other one I had recently purchased, but I will have to re-do the mani and take the shots again.  As usual, I didn't wait long enough for the polish to dry and you know what happens then......

For a more dramatic look one could go with Rich Sapphire worn with the varying blue tones in this silk scarf.
To finish off I will show you the combinations with the earthy-toned scarf.  One can really bring out each of the shades in this scarf beautifully with so many shades that are so in right now.  I can picture:  tangerine, mustard, neutrals, just to name a few.
But since I don't own those quite yet, I will resort to the ones I have in my meagre collection.
Romantic Sunset really softened the look of the scarf.  Whereas........
Classic Peacock made the light blue tone look far more intense.
Chinchilly by Essie offers an understated, elegant look that is probably more day-time than anything else.
Similar to the Classic Peacock (shown above) Essie's Beach Bum Blu makes the blue pop out more.
One more possible combination I will  be wearing is....
Oh So Aubergine brings out the coral shade in this scarf so subtly.

So those are my favourites.  What polish - scarf combination do you find the best?

Thanks for stopping by and reading.  Comments are most welcome. 

And just remember:  Every day is your personal fashion show and the world is your runway.


No comments:

Post a Comment