Thursday, January 20, 2011

Review: e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Metallic Olive

Hello my lovelies :) While I am waiting for some nail art designs I have been practicing to dry, I decided to do a product review (instead of doing an assignment as I ought to).  Today, the spotlight will be on e.l.f. Studio Metallic Olive cream eyeliner.  I am very fond of olive and army green shades so when elf got this eyeliner, I knew I had to have it.  It was one of the four new colours they introduced to their collection last year.  I already owned the one in Midnight (check out the review here) and seeing I liked it so much, I decided to get this as well.

The packaging is the same as for all the other eyeliners, a transparent plastic container in the form of a little box with a screw-top cap.  It arrives in a little box though with a small angled brush included (for my thoughts on the brush, please refer to the review on the Midnight eyeliner, so as to avoid repetition {link above}). You get a very good amount of product, 4.75g to be exact, and since this is a cream eyeliner, it will last a long time for sure!



I instantly fell in love with the colour as soon as I removed the cap and I was even more pleased with the creaminess of this eyeliner! It is far more creamy than Midnight and a little goes a long way with this one.  Here's how it looks on me:



I like to apply this type of eyeliner with a long handled brush as I find it gives me more control to draw a perfect line all along. The colour pay-off is also excellent; however, even though it is a very creamy product, it lasts all the time until I take it off myself so it is definitely worth giving a shot.  A little tip to make yours last longer is to always store it upside down... I don't know how and why, but it works!

These cream liners retail for £3.50/€4 on the elf cosmetics website.

Have you tried any of these liners yet? Any colours you recommend? 

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment