Thursday, January 6, 2011

Review: e.l.f. Limited Edition Christmas Get the Look Set Day to Night

Hi cupcakes! I'm back with another e.l.f. review!

In the beginning of December/late November, I received this set from e.l.f. cosmetics.  I spent ages going ooh and how cute around the house before I oohed and awed even more on swatching the eyeshadows and trying  out the mascara, pencil and eyeliner :D  Here are some pictures to show you what I am talking about:


I really like the packaging on all these Christmas Sets with the snowflake motifs but due to lack of space, I had thrown it away :(  The set features two eyeshadow trios (Day - purples + gold & Night - black, green and frosty white), A Brightening Eyeliner in Black, Lengthening and Defining Mascara in Black and a Liquid Eyeliner in Black as well as two sponge applicators which are not shown as I felt they were too coarse to use on my eyes and threw them away altogether.

The Eyeshadows

The eyeshadows are really pigmented but not as sparkly as they look in the pans, except for the black and white shades which are really sparkly indeed!  With regards texture, they are a bit on the powdery side so I never risk not using a very good primer underneath these eyeshadows (I use an elf eyelid primer and Persimmon All Over Colour Stick Combo/cream eyeshadow to provide a good sticky base).  When a primer is used, these really last a long time without smudging or fading away.  However, even though the set is named Day to Night, I find the colours a bit too strong for day-wear; but maybe that's just me!  On a side note, the white shade arrived broken and its powder was all over the inside of the eyeshadow box.  I can't complain though as it was for sent to me for free! 



The Mascara, Liquid Eyeliner and Brightening Eye Pencil

As I mentioned before, the set also contains a Lengthening and Defining mascara, liquid eyeliner and a pencil eyeliner all of which are black.  I really like the intensity of the black on these three and the mascara is my favourite one! It gives my lashes some more length and separates them for a fanned-out effect without clumping and it lasts all day!  The liquid eyeliner lasts until I take it off but the pencil fades away after a couple of hours just like most other pencils.  Overall I am really happy with all this though :) I am a bit disappointed because there is no other mascara named the same as this one in the set and I really really like it.


Swatches left to right: Brightening Eyeliner Pencil, Liquid Eyeliner, Lengthening and Defining Mascara 

Like I said, I got this set for free but it is now on sale from the elf website for €6.35 instead of €8! Hurry as this stock is limited edition! P.S. Right now e.l.f. are also offering Free Standard Shipping (ends today at midnight)!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment