Monday, December 20, 2010

Tag: My Make-up Story

As promised in my Ultimate Nail Tag, here's My Make-up Story, which most beauty gurus on YouTube were doing and I still wanted to share mine in a blog post. Please feel free to do it as well as I would really enjoy reading your unique make-up stories :)

How old were you when you started wearing make-up?
If just a coat of mascara and a slick of clear gloss count as make-up, I think it was around age 12.

How did you get into make-up?
This is the fun bit! Like most girls, I had my first encounter with make-up when I looked in Mum's drawer and applied lipstick on my lips and the area around them and then present in front of her proud with my achievement, only to be greeted with some screaming until she checked her bedding for pillar box red stains lol.  However, I owe my venture in make-up to my aunt who would let me go through her collection whenever I visited and she would also have some fun with me and apply all sorts of eyeshadows and lipstick on my face and then give me a pair of her high heels to make me feel glamourous haha.  For some Christmas, Mum & Dad bought me a pink vanity and some make up suitable for little girls and I was over the moon!  As I grew up, I started experimenting with colours and new trends more and it practically set off from there...

What are some of your favourite brands?
I'd have to say e.l.f. cosmetics, Rimmel, Revlon, Maybelline and Estee Lauder all make it in my favourites list!

What does make-up mean to you?
Make-up for me is a means to enhance a person's best features to truly bring out the best in them. I favour natural make-up looks more but I like to apply more dramatic make-up for special occasions as well.  I really enjoy applying make-up especially eye-shadow... it feels quite relaxing to me!

If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Mascara, blush, eye pencil and concealer... basic stuff that works wonders!

What is your favourite thing about make-up?
You can get very creative with make-up and you can always use it to accessorize your look and bring an outfit together! 

What do you think about drugstore make-up vs high-end make-up?
Most of my make-up is drugstore... as much as I would like to own some Mac, Nars and the likes, I don't think I am ready to spend a fortune on products that I can get a much cheaper price but still works the same!

What is one piece of advice you would give to a beginner?
Invest in a good set of brushes and know what colours work for you... once you get those settled, you're ready to embark on a very beautiful venture!

What is one make-up trend you never understood?
People wearing a dark lipliner paired with a much lighter lipstick/nude lips... to me it seems as if they didn't have time to finish their make-up.

What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
There are some great beauty gurus out there who are really talented and I really enjoy watching all of their videos!
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment