Monday, December 27, 2010

Review: e.l.f. Limited Edition Christmas Party Eyeshadow Palette

I got this palette for free with a promotional code for e.l.f. cosmetics' 3rd birthday.  I wanted the neutral one as I favour neutral shades more but I was really amazed with the colours in this one! I thought they were going to be the usual blacks and purples but boy I was so wrong!

The packaging is very sleek and professional looking and I like the little windows thorough which you can see the colours.  On the inside is a small mirror, enough to see your eyes in and the palette also comes with a small brush which I deem more fit for use with eyeliner rather than eyeshadows.  The palette comes in a cute black box with snowflakes on it (you can check it out here as I have already thrown it away... lack of space hehe).  I believe all the limited edition Christmas range comes in a similar package except for the nail polishes which are supplied in the usual package (however, they are also limited edition).




As you can see from the photos above, the palette contains 6 shades; all of which are nicely pigmented, the black, grey and white being very sparkly and glittery whilst the frosty white, greige and purple are shimmery but not overly glittery like the others.


I like the choice of colors in this palette but I was disappointed when I tried a look with this palette and I didn't apply a primer or a cream base underneath... the colours just faded away after a couple of hours.  However, when a primer is applied (I use elf Eyelid Primer) or another cream base (elf All Over Colour Stick in Persimmon is an excellent alternative), provided they are somewhat sticky, the eyeshadows last all night without fading or smudging.  Therefore, I highly recommend using a good sticky cream base when using these eyeshadows.

For £3.50/€4 I think this palette is good value for money, pity it is limited edition :(

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment