Sunday, December 12, 2010

NOTW: Nicely wrapped... Christmas Tutorial #1

Hey all! I will try and do different Christmas Nails Tutorials for the coming weeks so you have another source of inspiration :) This is the first one! I did this for my village festa celebrations (if you have ever been to Malta you will know for sure what I am talking about) and I experimented a bit with marbelling (ever since I figured out how to achieve the effect, I can't seem to stop experimenting with it!!).

Here's a step by step tutorial:

1. As always, start with a base coat of your choice and leave it to dry.

2. Apply one thin coat of a nude pink polish (I used the base coat again because it is slightly pink tinged) and while it is still wet, dot two or three colours of your choice randomly all over the nail or just at the tip (I used e.l.f. Party Purple, Orly Dazzle and Rimmel 60 Seconds 780 Hard Rock).  Now, with a toothpick or dotting tool, swirl the colours together to create a marbled effect.  You may stop here and after the nail polish dries, seal it with a top coat.

3. Since I opted for a French manicure, I thought I would add a 3D bow to the ring fingers make them look like pressies.  When using rhinestones and similar items on natural nails, I recommend you first seal the rhinestone in place with a top coat and when this dries, go over the entire nail with the same top coat.  This will ensure your rhinestones stay in place for longer! 






Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment