Saturday, November 27, 2010

Review: Ultra Glow Shimmer Pot in Icicle

A couple of weeks back, I won an Ultra Glow Shimmer Pot in Icicle from the R8Beauty facebook page.  After testing it out, here are my thoughts about it.

It arrived in a basic brown padded envelope and it is so small I only knew it was there once I opened the envelope! Here are some pictures to show you how small (read cute) it is:



Ultra Glow describe it as 'Pure mineral shimmery frosty white with lilac reflecting particles'.  I agree with this description but I have to add a little more details to it.  First of all, the product is very finely milled so, even though the jar is small, you get a lot of product (it bugs me however, that I couldn't find it written anywhere, not on the jar nor on the website, how much you actually get).

The colour goes on very sheer at first but it is very buildable, making it suitable to use as a highlight for a party look for that something extra special as well as an eyeshadow on its own.


What impressed me the most with this product is the iridescent lilac particles which change colour according to how light is reflected on them. Also, I was impressed with how long this lasted both with and without a primer underneath it.  Here are a couple of pictures to show you how I used this Shimmer Pot:


Icicle used as an eyeshadow (left) and highlight (right)

I like to use a blending brush (such as elf professional Blending Eye Brush) when dealing this product as I find it is easier to blend.  I recommend using a small amount (and gradually build up the colour if needed) to avoid fallouts.

Shimmer Pots are available in 18 gorgeous shades from Ultra Glow Shop UK and retail for £4.95 each.

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment