Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Review: E45 Cream

I think at some point in your lives, most of you have heard about or used E45 Cream but I'd still like to share my views about it in this short review.

It comes in a small box that has the same print as the tube itself. It is very basic white medical-like packaging so there's nothing exciting about it. Well, all medicated stuff doesn't look exciting. Anyway, it looks like this:


You get 50g of product which is a very good amount. So, basically this emollient cream is an off-the-counter remedy for dry skin conditions such as itching, flaking, chapped sunburnt skin and detergent hands.  It can also be used for eczema, dermatitis and other more serious skin conditions.  I mostly use this to treat my occasional eczema breakouts but I also like to use this as a hand cream.

It is not perfumed and doesn't have a greasy texture, therefore although being somewhat thick, it is still rapidly absorbed by the skin. I found that this works better than the other creams I used in the past and it only takes a couple of days to clear the eczema away.  For me, change of seasons spells hayfever and puffy eyes. My eyes also tend to get dry and with this cream, this lasts only for a day.  With regards me using it as a hand cream, I like it because although it is perfume-free, it still delivers a better smell than latex from gloves I wear at hospital! 

You can apply this cream liberally over the affected areas as many times as you like during the day. I also sleep in it to get the maximum effect.

E45 can be bought from pharmacies without prescription and retails for not more than €4.

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment