Saturday, November 6, 2010

Review: CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Trio in Cafe' Au Lait

I've had this eyeshadow trio for ages and I reach for it very often because it is versatile enough to be used for day and night looks. It is the only product I own from CG because we don't get them in Malta and shipping from the US is expensive to buy them from the internet. Back to the review.

This trio comes in a blister-pack and on the back are two looks that you can create (at least mine came like that as like I said, I've had this for a long time). The actual trio is what you would expect it to look like; a plastic case with the three eyeshadow pans and a double ended sponge applicator (one end is pointy, the other is round).


Let me start with a quick word on the applicator. It has lasted me this long and survived all the washes so it's definitely good quality. The pointy end got separated once during a wash but I fixed it back in place with some glue and it is still there so yeah, bonus points for a good applicator.

On to the eyeshadows. I'm a huge fan of neutral eyeshadows cos you can never go wrong with them so its no wonder I love this trio so much! 


Close-up of eyeshadows and swatches (swatches are the other way round)

It's clearly visible that they are very pigmented and not chalky at all. From left to right (according to swatch), they are Sugar Rush (matte), Mocha Latte (pearl), Double Espresso (pearl). I use Mocha Latte a lot because it is an excellent base colour to work with (you can tell from the photo above how much I use it, luckily I have a couple of dupes for it).

The eyeshadows have a good wearability and last me all day (with or without a primer). They are easily blendable and buildable to suit one's taste.

Have you ever tried any CG products yourselves? How do you feel about them?

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment