Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review: e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Midnight

Here's another elfie eyeliner review. This time it is from the Studio line and the shade is Midnight.

It comes with a brush and both come supplied in this box:



The actual product comes is a small transparent plastic pot with a black screw-cap and the sleek packaging is very typical of the Studio range. The brush is a miniature version of their Studio Small Angled Brush. With regards the plastic jar, I read that such eyeliners tend to dry out when stored in plastic jars rather than glass jars. However, this can be prevented by storing yours upside down. I don't know how, but it seems to work for most people!

My initial reaction to the size of the jar was that the jar was small and isn't worth €4, however, on opening I realized I was wrong. Very, very wrong! Looking at the bottom of the jar, there is a small sticker that indicates that there are 4.7g of product, which is an awesome amount. Furthermore, since it is a cream eyeliner I'm sure it will last for a long time, therefore I retired everything I said before on value for money.

In real-life, the colour may be more black than you would expect but there is certainly a dark blue tinge to it. To actually make it look blue, I use it with purples and white eyeshadows as they help to bring out the blue. Also, I tried pairing it with a dark navy kohl eyeliner. I apply the kohl on my upper waterline (the inside of the eye) and the cream liner on the upper lash line, and voila'! This tip applies also to make the eyes look bigger and brighter as navy blue escalates the intensity of the white of the eyes.

The texture of this eyeliner really fits the name, CREAM eyeliner for obvious reasons. However, it doesn't take long to dry. I like to set it with an eyeshadow of the same colour sometimes but this doesn't affect how long it stays on. Speaking of longevity, this is a marvellous product! It lasts on all day/night until I take it off with eye make-up remover. No, ladies, water alone doesn't take it off; so you have to use an eye make-up remover for sure.

So, by now you can tell I am really fond of this little treasure, now on for the brush. I don't normally like brushes that come with make-up kits as they are too small and are practically useless, so I just chuck them out or use them for nail art lol :P. However, I must say that this brush is the exception to my rule! Although it is small, I find it gives a precise application. the only thing I don't like about it is that it does shed a few hairs occasionally which is a pity.

I do recommend this product to anyone starting out with cream eyeliners like me as it is cheap and well-worth every Euro-cent and what better way to experiment than with such products?

I will get the Metallic Olive once it's back in stock and let you know how it compares with this one.  You can get your fix of cream eyeliners from eyeslipsface.co.uk and pick your shade/s from the 8 available colours!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment