Friday, November 19, 2010

Review: BYS Mascara in 08 Waterproof Black

Recently I got to try this brand BYS Cosmetics.  I have never heard of it before and so I decided to give it a try. Seeing the items were only €2 each, if I didn't like them, I wouldn't regret spending a lot of money. I got the mascara I am going to review today and a nail polish (review coming up soon; in the meantime, you can see it in action here).


First of all, let me introduce you to BYS Cosmetics.  BYS stands for Be Your Self and this is an Australian drugstore brand that has an extensive range of cosmetics.  You can check out the range on their website. The site is not an online shop, it just showcases the range; but you can buy them from fashionaddict.co.au (in my opinion shipping is a bit expensive though), alternatively, try ebay. I am planning to get a few other things from this brand should I find them here because there was only a small selection of basic stuff. When you log on the site, you will find that the packaging of some products is very similar to other brands for example the baked eyeshadows (Mac) and the eyeshadow trios (NYX).

Now for the actual mascara review.  With regards packaging, it's just a basic black tube which holds 7ml of product. It looks very much like a liquid eyeliner. The wand is also your basic mascara wand, nothing special about that. The shade I got is 08 Waterproof Black.


The long handle of the wand is a plus for me for the usual simple reason that you can maneuver the wand better than if it were short.  I find this mascara is good for everyday use. It doesn't give lashes a dramatically full effect or anything of the sort (then again, I didn't expect it to). Here's how it looks like on my top lashes:


It lasts all day so that's always a good point but the only thing that has disappointed me in this mascara is the fact that it is not waterproof at all.  It comes off easily with  a bit of water so I wouldn't trust this for a day at the beach or rainy days...I don't want to end up looking like a panda!  However, whilst being removed, it just comes off in one or two sweeps without flaking all over my face.

Overall, this is a good mascara, however, I don't think I will buy it again. I only bought it to save my more expensive ones as I was using them for everyday and was really running low on them so to preserve them a bit longer I opted for a cheap one. Have you ever tried any products BYS cosmetics? How do you feel about them?

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment