Monday, November 15, 2010

Review: e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

Today's review os about the e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit.  My brother bought this for me as part of the birthday order he placed for me on the elf website a little more than a month ago.  I don't usually have a lot of blemishes and pimples going on but occasionally I have to struggle with some bad break-outs. I have tried heaps of facial washes, scrubs, moisturizers, treatments, creams, etc and although I have noticed a decrease in the frequency of breakouts and number of pimples (I have also made some changes to my lifestyle which I will share with you in my November favourites), I still get the odd one or two occasionally.  Therefore, I decided to give the Mineral Blemish Kit a go as well.

With regards packaging, the kit comes in a white box (which I threw away but you can have a look at here) and in this box is the small plastic jar that contains 2.8g of powder (on the site it says 3.3g but on my jar there's written 2.8g) and a brush.

Discrepancy in amount of product

The jar, like I said is made of plastic and the cap doubles up as a mirror.  However, it can be a bit deceiving in terms of how much product you get.  Now you know you only get 2.8g, but looking at the jar when it is closed, you may be tricked in thinking there's actually more; however, when you open it, you will see that the sifter is in fact lower in the jar, therefore 8mm less of product. The powder is however tightly packed and I heard the packaging of the mineral line is the same for all the powder-form products. Here are some pictures to show you what I mean:


The kit and how the jar appears when opened

The brush is a very good quality brush and blends the product really well. It has never shed a single hair and is an excellent concealer brush as well.  The hairs are really soft and since it is from the mineral line, I guess they are Taklon coated synthetic hairs more than real hairs.


As for the Mineral powder itself, it is a very finely milled translucent powder. It contains spot-healing ingredients such as Tea-Tree and Sulfur (full list of ingredients can be found on the bottom of the jar and on the elf website).  It is described as 'Clear' and in fact I couldn't get a good picture of it on my skin as it blends in instantly.  Since it matches my skin tone, I like to use this as a mineral concealer during the day to help treat and fight the blemishes and I also like to dab some powder on blemishes and sleep in it so that I have 24 hour protection against break-outs.  The small jar and brush make the kit easy to carry around with you to work/school and touch-up as needed.


It took quite a while for me to notice any difference at first, but gradually, the pimples started to get smaller in size and redness in a shorter time than before I started using this product.  Moreover, I found that when I used this product at the first signs of a new spot, it healed even quicker.

I like this product and even though it retails for €6.80 for 2.8g (3.3g according to the site) I think I will repurchase it because of the results it delivered .

Have you tried this ladies? Any different thoughts?

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment