Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More Make-up Shopping....

So, last weekend, Mum went shopping with Dad and she called me to say that they had some new make up in from this brand called BYS. I have never heard of this brand so I looked it up on the internet and found out it is an Australian drugstore brand and they sell all kinds of cosmetics and they seemed of decent quality.  Yesterday, I went with the bf to check the stuff out. To my dismay, there was only a small stand with very basic cosmetics on sale. I really wanted to get some of their eyeshadows and cracked effect nail polish. In the end I picked up two items which cost €2 each! Here they are:


Black Waterproof Mascara & Passion Pink Nail Enamel

I really love the colour of this varnish. It is like a pearly pink with iridescent lilac and blue particles. When swatching, I found the formula easy to work with and dries quickly. Will do a review when I have tried this on my own nails!

Close up of Nail Enamel and a Swatch (2 coats)


The mascara... you get 7ml of mascara which is a good amount since you have to change mascara frequently. It is a waterproof mascara and I got mine in Black. To be honest, I didn't expect much from a €2 mascara but I was genuinely surprised. I wouldn't say it give the lashes a dramatic look or anything, but it is a good day masacara. I like the fact that you have a long handle as I find it allows more control. Here are some pictures:


The handle and brush


Mascara applied on my top lashes

The shopping doesn't stop there... this morning I went to the weekly market with my Mum and she bought me another nail polish :D and a pair of hair clips as well as since I am growing my hair, I need them. I also picked up a pair of cute undies but there are no pictures of it as I think it's a bit too much to flash my undies here hehe  :)

The nail polish seems to offer an even application from the first coat despite it is a glittery one and doesn't take that long to dry either. It cost €1.75, the clips were a €1 for a pair and the undies were €2.50.


The nail polish and the cute abstract design on its cap
 

Swatch of the nail polish (2 coats) and the hair clips

Have you bought anything lately cupcakes?

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment