Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Review: Rimmel Eye pencils

Last week, in my first Top-Ten Tuesdays post, I featured two Rimmel eye pencils. I've had these for quite a long time, so now I am able to do a review about them.

I bought these eyeliners together as I wanted something different than my usual black and brown and I opted for these gorgeous green and blue shades.

The packaging is very similar for both of these where the pencils come with a pull out cap which is colour coded so as to make it easy to know which one you're grabbing. The same goes for the bottom part. Also, the blue one even has the pencil body in the same blue colour. Now for the individual pencils.

First up, the green one. I like how green makes my eyes stand out more and so I got this. The shade is called 131 Forest Green. Here's a swatch:



As you can see, it is a very pigmented liner and I don't have to tug at my eyes to get some colour as it glides on really smooth. Also, the tip is not hard at all, but not so soft that it crushes as soon as you apply the liner with a bit more pressure.

With regards staying power, it depends on where you apply this liner. On the inside of the waterline, it lasts a couple of hours but then sort of disappears in the outer corner of the eye. However, when I apply it to the upper and lower lash lines, it stays put for hours on end.

I am not sure if this particular shade is available any more because it isn't shown on the Rimmel website, so please let me know if you encounter this in stores.

Next, the blue kohl pencil. This particular shade is called 021 Denim Blue and is also very pigmented as you can see in the swatch below:



Like the other one, it glides on smoothly and has a good consistency. However, it has a softer tip. I believe that is the difference between kohl pencils and the other eye pencils, kohls are softer.

Again, with regards staying power of this pencil, it seems to smudge when applied on the inside of the waterline but stays on for hours when I use it to line my lower and upper lash lines.

Both pencils come in a 1.2g format and have a 30 month expiry period.

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment