Sunday, September 12, 2010

NOTW: Argyle Sweater

Since Autumn is fast approaching, for this week, I decided to do an autumn-inspired design. I chose the Argyle print on jumpers and sweaters and here's the result:



So, here's how I created the design:

As usual I started with a clear base coat (elf clear nail polish) and as a base colour, I chose elf's Desert Haze and applied two coats of it to achieve an opaque and even colour.

Then, I started drawing the diamond shapes one by one by means of a small striping brush, starting from the centre one and moving on to drawing one on each side of the central diamond. I continued with the pattern and created three lines of diamonds across the nails, making sure to leave some of the base showing. For the diamond design, I used 3 nail polishes:
- Rimmel 60 Seconds in 610 Pompous
- Rimmel 60 Seconds in 619 Pulsating
- Oil of Olay Nail Lacquer in 678 Bronze Reflection

To create the broken line design, I used a pointed nail art brush and Pierre Cardin Nail Lacquer in 09 Cassis. I sealed my mani with a coat of glossy top coat by Elegant Touch.



What are your opinions on this one ladies?

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment