Monday, September 13, 2010

Essential Oils


A while ago, I did a post on things I like to use to make my bath time more relaxing and I mentioned that I like to add a few drops of essential oil.

I am a big fan of natural skin care and remedies so it isn't any wonder I love essential oils and aromatherapy. My favourite essential oils are Lavender, Rosemary & Geranium. Apart from adding 3 drops of each to my bath, I use the lavender and geranium ones to soothe my skin when I have an eczema break out. I normally mix 2 drops of each with a good amount of Sudocrem or Vaseline and the itching immediatley stops!

Whenever I want try some new essential oil, I first log on to the Aura Cacia website and consult the essential oil database they have there to see if the oil is actually good for me to use and what are its indications exactly. There are also some recipes for creams and lotions that you can do yourself so I think this site is worth giving a look at.

For me, essential oils really do a wonderful job to soothe my eczema, help me unwind and have a good night's sleep. Rosemary also boosts my memory so when my exams are approaching, I take a cotton ball with some of the oil and sniff it from time to time to help me memorize any difficult topics.

What is your favourite essential oil ladies?


Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment