Just when we thought we had everything in check to take care of our skin, new information surges on how we might be ruining it.
1. Outdated glasses/contact lens prescription ~ anything that makes you squint your eyes is contributing to the development of fine lines and wrinkles around your eye area. I think enough is said here!
2. Steam Rooms ~ extreme heat decomposes the skin's elastin and collagen.
3. Running (or high-impact exercise) ~ while this helps maintain a healthy heart, it may cause fat to slide down as well as contributing to collagen and elastin break-down. Walking is a better alternative.
4. Not Sleeping ~ long term sleep deprivation will lead to skin problems such as generation of free-radicals.
5. Tap Water ~ chlorine found in tap water strips natural oils from the skin, causing irritation and dryness.
This post is adapted from an article found on shine.yahoo.com, click the link to look at it in detail :)