Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Review: e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pens in Black & Coffee

I can never get enough of eyeliner! I normally use pencil eyeliners to line my lower lash line. A slick of eyeliner just elevates a look to a whole new level and I really love that!


Whilst browsing the e.l.f. website, I was intrigued by these eyeliner pens mostly because of the pen format and the fact that they are waterproof. I decided to get two of them to try them out... Black and Coffee. I chose two neutral colours to give these a go and at £1.50 each, I wasn't going to break bank was I? Apart from Coffee and Black, there are also Ash, Midnight and Plum. You can have a look at them here.

What they say...

Get no smudge, no budge eyeliner that lasts for hours for a fabulous and fresh look of precision. The smooth pen applicator easily glides on color for very fine to bold lines for effortless beauty.
Directions

Hold applicator at a slight angle and apply color to the base of the lashes. Use a light touch for thin lines or a firmer touch for thicker lines. To remove easily use a water based makeup remover. Best stored tip down for ultimate color saturation.

What I say...

As usual, let's start with how the pens look. Their sleek, glossy black format rivals elf's studio line package. If you look at them from the side, they look like a concave lens, but one end is thicker than the other. Here's a picture so that you can get an idea of the size of the pens (I have very small hands mind you):






The colour of the pen is written on a sticker bearing the colour itself on the bottom of the pen. There is also the product name written in silver across one side of the pens. My Coffee one only has half of this present but that's not really a problem for me as I just look at the side and I know which pen is which without having to turn it upside down to check. To open, just pull out the cap!



On opening, you will immediately notice the fine tip of the eyeliner (very much similar to a ball pen, only thinner; refer to photo on the left for comparison). I don't know why but my Coffee eyeliner seems to have more of its tip out than my Black one but again, it's not a problem as it doesn't affect application of the product. The application is in fact the same as with other eyeliners but the sleek and sturdy pen design makes for an easier grip and a more steady application. Furthermore, the eyeliners are very pigmented and thus there is no need to rub at your eyes to get the product to mark.

Now let's come to the interesting part... are these eyeliner pens really waterproof?
Here's a swatch of the eyeliner pens (black is on top):



I have applied them in thick lines just for the sake of them coming out well in the photo because in reality, they stain a thin line.

Here's how they look after I ran water on them (I allowed 1 minute for them to dry):



There is no colour run or anything!

And finally here's how they look when I budged them while my hand was still wet:



As you can clearly see, the Coffee eyeliner is no longer there whilst the black one is intact. However, when I go swimming I usually use the Coffee eyeliner as it is more natural and it never budged! I guess it just needs more time to dry. On the other hand, there are no problems with the black one.

Overall, I like these eyeliner pens and would definitely repurchase along with some other colours maybe hehe!

Blogger Templates

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing nice information about waterproof eye liner cream with us. i glad to read this post.

    ReplyDelete