Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Review: e.l.f. Shimmer Eyeliner Pencils

Recently, the elf cosmetics UK site has increased their regular line eyes range with 9 beautiful shimmering shades of eyeliner pencils. As soon as I saw the colors, I was like 'I have to have them all!!' Since a free shipping promotion was coming up on their facebook page, I decided to wait for it (I love free shipping as with its cost I can get another product or two!); but until then, most of the shades were all out of stock :( I really wanted to get Twinkle Teal, but since it is such a bright colour, I think I'll get it next summer. So, in my last order, I got Iconic Ivory (top) and Boldly Bronzed (bottom).


First, I am going to start the review with features which are common to both of the eyeliners. They come individually in blister packs typical of elf's regular line and each one has a sharpener cap. I tried both of the sharpeners and they work great... no deteriorating of the product or the pencils' wood. Now on to the individual pencils...

I wanted Iconic Ivory so that I can use it as an eye widener because each review that I read/saw about the actual Eye Widener from elf, all agreed that it is very hard to get the pencil to mark etc. So I figured out that this new eyeliner will do the trick. I wasn't wrong at all!

I apply it on my waterlines (upper and lower) to make my eyes appear wide-awake. It only takes one or at most two strokes to get the pencil to mark. Iconic Ivory is a very sheer, pearly, shimmery shade and it feels quite creamy. In fact the pencil does have a soft tip which is great since it is going to be applied in the eye area. With regards longevity, I find this one in particular doesn't last long so I have to touch it up regularly.  Other than that, I am really happy with it and glad I got it :)

Moving to Boldly Bronzed... I love brown hues for my eyes as you can never go wrong with them both for natural and dramatic looks so I had to have this one. I really like the metallic bronze shade and good pigmentation of this pencil and I mostly like to use it to line my upper lash line and sometimes, under my lower lashes. I find that this one lasts longer than Iconic Ivory (even on the waterlines because I tried it) but I still need to touch it up during the day.

Finally, here's a swatch of each:


Shimmer Eyeliner Pencils are available in 9 shades and can be purchased from the elf cosmetics website for £1.50/€1.70 each.

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment