Friday, July 13, 2012

First Impressions: Haus Of Gloi


IT SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN!
*ahem*

Just a quick post for you all today as i felt i REALLY needed to share the love on some new products I'd purchased recently. Now, its too early to give a full blown review, and I'm planning on placing another order and reviewing them all together, but i just had to share.

Haus Of Gloi is a handmade, vegan, 100% cruelty free, independant bath, body and fragrance company. And i have completely fallen in love. I'd been hearing about them online recently through a Facebook group I'm in and after reading the scent descriptions i knew i had to have some. So i placed a little order (after a lot of debating over scents) for two of their Pumpkin Butters. They arrived safely in little over a week which is great considering they are a USA based company. Firstly, even the little thank you note smells amazing. My Mum reckons it smells of coffee, my nose picks up more tea and smoke (but in a gooooood way), either way, it smells beaut! And that's just the card! 

Satyr

"Absolutely fiendish creature! And quite frolicsome: Italian blood orange drizzled with blackened vanilla."
- A little different than i expected but the scent lingers on the skin all day and smells magnificent!
Twice is Nice
"Sweetest offerings of opulence! Buttery sugar cookie, with shavings of creamy coconut and topped with toasted almond slivers!" -
Smells exactly like the description, but not in an overly sickly way.

Twice is Nice is definitely my favourite out the two. To me it smells like almondy, coconutty, sugary shortbread, ooooh how good i am at descriptions. BUT I CANNOT STOP SNIFFING IT, IT IS HEAVENLY! They are such complex scents that smell a lot pricier than they are. I also received a sample of their perfume oil in Beguiled, which has now got my lusting over a full size of it... and the Pumpkin Butter. I am in LOVE.

As first impressions go, this has got to be one of the bests!

Have you tried any of the Haus Of Gloi scents?
If so, recommend me a few! Not that i need encouraging!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment