Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review: e.l.f. Tinted Moisturizer in Rosy Beige

Today's review will focus on elf's Tinted Moisturizer in Rosy Beige.  If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know I have pale skin with a rosy undertone so this shade of moisturizer is the perfect match for me (unlike the Nivea one which you can read a review on here); during winter at least!

Let's take a look at the packaging first:

The tube itself is supplied in this blister pack that is typical of elf's regular line products.

You get 12g of tinted moisturizer in a little plastic squeezy tube.  I find that a little goes a long way with this moisturizer so I think it will last quite a long time.  I have been using it everyday ever since I got it (I think I got this in January) and I still have a ton of product left.



What I like about the packaging is the smallish nozzle as you can really control how much product you  squeeze out.  I also like the fact it is transparent so you can actually see how much product you have got left.

This tinted moisturizer has the sweetest scent ever that elf describe as being that of sugar orange; I'd say it is more like sweet almonds and I really love it! It is not a strong scent though and fades away very quickly. The moisturizer itself delivers light coverage so I'd say to use it on days when your skin only needs to be perked up a little.  Since it contains SPF 15, I recommend using this only during the day.  In fact, I have substituted my mineral foundation with this one as it offers just the right amount of light coverage I need during the day +  added protection against the sun's rays.  Here are some swatches:


Left: What the colour looks like; Right: Blended to perfection!

I apply it by putting 4 dabs on my face as follows: 1 on each cheek, one my forehead and another on my chin and then blend them using my fingertips to make sure I get an even skin tone and reach all those areas you can easily miss with a brush.  Now I find that my face feels a bit shiny until all the moisturizer is absorbed so what I do is I dust my face with the elf Studio Complexion Perfection by means of a big fluffy brush.  This will mattify my skin and also neutralize my skin tone further.  The moisturizer itself lasts me for a long time so I'm really happy with it!

I have read that some people have been breaking out with this moisturizer especially when we changed seasons. I haven't noted any breakouts due to this product though but if I do, I will update this review :)

Overall, I really like this moisturizer and since it is the perfect match for my skin tone, I will definitely repurchase it! 

You can buy yours from the elf cosmetics website for only £1.50/€1.70 and from a range of 7 tones, you're bound to find your perfect shade!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment