Friday, February 18, 2011

Request: How To Compile Your Work Portfolio

I was asked by Enigma to share my tips on how to do a work portfolio and explain in further detail what it is exactly. Since I am staying in tonight thanks to the bad weather and Force 8 wind blowing all the time, I figured I will do this post and as tomorrow I have a client to go to, what better time to have a look at my portfolio?  The only works I didn't include are the nail designs involving stickers and stamping as anyone can do those.  In my portfolio, I only portray free-hand work.

Let me start by explaining what a portfolio is... to put it in simple words, a portfolio is basically a portable showcase of your work related to a particular field, be it nail art, modelling, make-up artistry, etc.  While most portfolios are complied out of pictures of the work you have done, I found that for nail art, I can use a cheaper method that still looks professional and presentable... displaying my work on nail tips! Alternatively, you can always take pictures of your finished work and stick them in a photo album instead :)

Here are some pictures of my own nail art portfolio:

 

As you can see, I divide my nail art in categories and then affix them to A4 black paper with some clear glue. This is just a small selection of all my designs as I have other categories like sponging, marbling and animal print as well but I took pictures of these to give you an idea. Do not do the same mistake I did the first time round and try to affix the nail tips with super glue as this will react with the plastic and form a white cloud on the nail, obstructing your design.  When all of them dry, I place the black paper in a plastic folder with holes on the side and put all of them in this floral ring file.  It is made out of thin plastic so it is light weight and easy to carry around and I really like the floral motifs on it.  

Happy weekend ladies and let's hope the weather here is better tomorrow :)

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment