Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A newly discovered company with innovative technology!


Products that make you smile......

Caribongo is the name of a company I discovered in Naples, Florida on a recent photo shoot for ASK Cosmetics.  At first I was drawn into the store by the plentiful racks of white T-shirts with really interesting designs on them.  All the time thinking to myself – why are they all plain white without any hint of colour whatsoever?
Upon chatting with Andrea, the sales manager, I found out a lot about the company’s unique technology.  Caribongo’s shirts are printed with specially formulated inks, changing an ordinary design into something magical.  Their business card reads:  Step into the sun and watch the fun!

 

 
Not only do they sell T-shirts for all ages, they also offer this technology in jewellery and nail polishes as well.  You can find out a lot more about this company on their website right here.
 
The first swatch I did looks like a frosty mauve in the bottle and it is supposed to turn red according to the lid.  Recommended coverage – 2 coats.
 
Result – Instantaneously when exposed to the sun polish shade becomes more intense.  I wouldn’t necessarily call it red, but a very luscious mauve with a reddish undertone.  Even the polish bottles change when exposed to the sun.
As it was a wonderfully sunny day I couldn't work fast enough to get great shots of this polish in its original state as light mauve, then the sun-activated version, which BTW was supposed to be red but looks a lot more like a deep pink shade, very beautiful nevertheless.
 
The second swatch was on my right hand looks like frosty coral in the bottle.  It, too, is supposed to turn red according to the lid.  Recommended coverage – 2 coats. 
Before sun-activation and you can see the shade it will turn to in the sun on the top of the lid. 
 
This manicure immediately turned far deeper, more intense almost to a red, but not quite. If you take your hands out of the sun, the polish shade gets lighter returning to its original shade very quickly.
 
In my next segment I will show you the T-shirts I purchased as X-mas gifts for my nieces and nephews.  My only regret is that I didn't buy more.  Once I saw for myself how quickly the jewellery and T-shirts change their colour, I was quite impressed. 
As far as the polishes are concerned - photographing this technology was a huge challenge.  No sooner had I set everything up, the polish bottles AND my nails started to alter their shade.  At that moment I needed four more hands to help me get the shots I wanted.  However, I hope that you will check out this company and their unique technology.  Any of their items would make fun gifts for young and old alike, I'm sure.
 
What do you think of this technology?  Have you seen it before?  Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read this blog post.  Comments are always welcome.  Bye for now, Lisa M.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment