Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Any Breaking Dawn Fans out there?

If you followed the Twilight Saga, you might have already seen these two shades.  They were introduced in connection with the launch of Breaking Dawn Part 2.  Admittedly, I didn't watch the saga, however these two shades caught my eye whilst out shopping last week.
 
Alice had a Vision - Again by Essence seems of offer drama to your nails.  The lacquer in the bottle appears to be a very dark purple with subtle glitter.  Actually, it looks quite stunning and so I was very excited to try it out.

Here's how it looked on my nails:
2 coats of "Alice had a Vision - Again" by Essence
 
A little bit closer... but you can see how dark the polish looks.  The glitter does show up quite nicely though.
 
The second one that I was drawn to looked very much blue in the bottle, again with glitter throughout.  The shade was named "Jacob's Protection".
 
And here it is on my nails:
2 coats shown here.
 
 
They were both rather thick in their application.  I was somewhat surprised at how dark they looked on my nails.  In the bottles they appeared a bit lighter, but I have been so often deceived by the look in the bottle.  When I hold the bottles in my hand and the light or sun hit them, they are gorgeous.  I guess, in the end I prefer Alice had a Vision - Again over Jacob's Protection.
 
The best part of these two manicures was the removal.  I was a little worried about getting the polish off my nails with the glitter and all.
 

Using the Revival Nail Polish Remover by ASK Cosmetics makes taking off your lacquer easy, fast and hydrating for your nails.  If you have never tried it before, it is definitely high time!
 
Polishes purchased at Shopper's Drug Mart
Nail Polish Remover available on the ASK Cosmetics website & shop

Thanks for stopping by today.  Cheers,  Lisa M.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment