Thursday, August 12, 2010

Review: Max Factor Creme Puff in 85 Light 'n' Gay

If there's one single product from Max Factor that I simply adore, it has to be Creme Puff in 85 Light 'n' Gay.

This is basically pressed powder. As usual, let me start the review by taking a look at the packaging:



As you can see, the product is supplied in an elegant, sleek black round case with gold wording (in my opinion it looks classy). A flat cosmetic sponge is also supplied. You can also keep the box and buy a refill (although I have never seen refills in stores); there's a small hole (resembling the reset ones on the back of calculators) to push a pin through and remove the empty metal case and replace it. That's really green ain't it?

The powder, does have the texture of a powder but it doesn't look cakey on the skin which is the main reason I like this product so much. However, I still prefer to use it in winter rather than during the hot summer months.

The colour of the powder is very light and has a peachy-pink tint to it which is what makes a perfect match with my skin. It has also got that cosmetics' smell which I adore!

Here's a swatch of the powder:



Another thing I like about this powder, is the flat cosmetic sponge that comes with it. It feels feathery and very light & delicate. I wash it after every use and it still looks and feels as good as new! Bonus Brownie points for a short drying time as well!

I bought this Creme Puff for €5.30 for 21g of product and it has a 12 month expiry period. I think it's a reasonable price.

Have you tried this product in particular or any of the other available shades? If so, post your findings here :)

Lara xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment